Parents and Friends
Welcome to the St Luke’s Parents & Friends (P&F) page. We hope that you find the information on our website informative and that it provides an insight into the role the P&F plays at St Luke’s and how parents can become involved in our school.
All parents of St. Luke’s automatically become members of the P&F upon enrolment of their child in the school. In brief, the P&F is responsible for:
- Raising funds for both large and small project, including capital works at the school along with maintaining and enhancing existing facilities.
- Dispersing funds amongst many different activities that are offered to the children. The aim is to help cover various incidental costs including graduation festivities and school camp transport costs.
- Organising functions through the year to encourage a greater community spirit. Some of these functions are fund-raisers and some are purely social occasions.
- Holding P&F meetings twice each term in the School Library. P&F meetings are open to parents and attendance is strongly encouraged. P&F meetings are an excellent way to find out exactly what the school is involved in and what is planned for the future. Our Principal Mr David Hunter attends the meetings to give a report on school issues.
- Production of a weekly newsletter which is distributed via email and is also available on the school website under the Communications tab. The newsletter keeps parents up to date with P&F issues, events and activities.
We strongly encourage all parents to become involved with the P&F in some way as it helps build great community spirit within the school and provides an avenue to raise funds which ultimately benefits all our children. For further information on the role of the P&F committee, services the P&F offer and events we are involved in, please see the Administration & Forms tab.
If there is something you think you would like to help us out with, please feel free to let us know!
2017 Parents & Friends
President: Lillian Truglio
Vice President: Alana Metaxas
Treasurer: Antony Vlahov
Secretary: Hayley Tait
Board P&F Rep: Jessica Stojkovski
Newsletter Editor: Georgia Millad
General Committee: Karen Cadd
You can contact the P & F Committee via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email will be forwarded to the relevant committee member.
The P & F welcomes suggestions and comments from anyone who is a part of the St Luke’s community.